Ala. Code § 13A-8-198
TITLE 13A. CRIMINAL CODE
CHAPTER 8. OFFENSES INVOLVING THEFT
ARTICLE 10. THE CONSUMER IDENTITY PROTECTION ACT
§ 13A-8-198. Correction of records - Public, private
(1) Information about financial accounts affected by the crime, including, but not limited to, the name of the financial institution, the account number, amount of money involved in the crime, and the date of the crime.
(2) The specific identifying information and identification documents used to commit the crime.
(3) A description of the perpetrator of the crime.
(b) The victim may release the orders as follows:
(1) The victim may submit this order in any civil proceeding to set aside a judgment against the victim involving the specific account and amounts as determined by the criminal sentencing court. The order shall remain sealed in the civil proceeding.
(2) The victim may submit the order to any governmental entity or private business as proof that any financial accounts therein created or altered were a result of the crime and not the actions of the victim.
Current through: 2018