Use this module to help participants understand their roles and responsibilities as advocates, and the roles of others with whom they will work.
1 hour, 20 minutes
- Basic Tenets of Advocacy (5 minutes)
- Overview of Sexual Assault Response Teams (SARTs) and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs) (20 minutes)
- Roles of the Advocate (15 minutes)
- Maintaining Confidentiality (40 minutes)
By the end of this module, participants will be able to
- Describe the composition of a SART.
- Identify the major roles of an advocate.
- Make appropriate decisions about confidentiality based on state reporting laws.