Sexual Assault Advocate/Counselor Training
Use this module to review procedures for assisting survivors of sexual assault in the most common advocacy situations that participants will encounter. You will also examine drug-facilitated sexual assault.
2 hours, 45 minutes
- Responding to a Crisis Call Reporting Recent Sexual Assault (15 minutes)
- Medical-Forensic Exam (1 hour)
- Law Enforcement Statement Accompaniment (15 minutes)
- Courtroom Accompaniment (35 minutes)
- Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault (40 minutes)
By the end of this module, participants will be able to
- Respond appropriately to a caller on a crisis line who is reporting a recent sexual assault.
- Identify correct procedures during a medical-forensic exam.
- Create a list of "do's and dont's" for law enforcement accompaniment and courtroom accompaniment.
- Differentiate the roles of advocates, SANEs, and other SART members.
- Identify special procedures and "red flags" for dealing with drug-facilitated sexual assault.