1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be offered for this training.
Out of the grassroots movement of the 80s, victim services has become a recognized profession that seeks to attract leaders with an appropriate mix of traditional credentials and experience with crime victims to guide the field into the future. This intensive 2-day leadership training is designed specifically for both current and potential program managers in the victim services profession. Training focuses on the basics of leadership, as well as advanced concepts such as emotional intelligence, feedback and conflict resolution, teambuilding, and change leadership within different organizational cultures.
Active participation in each of the following training modules will help you accomplish these specific learning objectives:
- Leadership Basics
- Define leadership.
- Describe the differences between managing and leading.
- Determine where work time is spent.
- List the components of leadership.
- Explain why trust, values, and ethics provide the foundation for leadership.
- Emotional Intelligence and Communication Skills
- Describe the concept of emotional intelligence.
- Explain how emotional intelligence and communication skills are related.
- Identify effective communication skills.
- Assess your personal communication skills and style.
- Providing Feedback and Resolving Conflict
- Define feedback and explain why it is important.
- Review the guidelines for effective feedback.
- Describe how to apply the guidelines for effective feedback to achieve a win/win result.
- Describe different methods for conflict resolution.
- Leading Diverse Teams
- Identify the four generations in today's workforce.
- Identify strategies to increase effective communication across cultures.
- Strategies for Fostering Team Building
- Share methods and strategies to develop effective work teams.
- Describe the stages of team development.
- Explore how leaders can promote staff development.
- Discuss strategies for succession planning.
- Leading Change in Your Organization
- Explain the difference between change and transition.
- Guide and support the change process in your organization.
- Explain the importance of identifying priorities in the change process.
- Organizational Culture
- Describe your organizational culture.
- Identify strategies to change your organizational culture.
Let Others Know About This Training
Download Flier [PDF, 140KB] to print and distribute.