Sexual Assault Advocate/Counselor Training
Use this module to assist participants to examine common myths of male sexual assault; discuss some basic statistics; examine how male biology, emotions, and socialization affect male response to sexual assault; and discuss how victim service providers can provide support to male victims of sexual assault.
1 hour, 45 minutes
- Myth or Fact? (15 minutes)
- Gender Socialization (45 minutes)
- Assisting Male Survivors of Sexual Assault (45 minutes)
By the end of this module, participants will be able to
- Distinguish fact from myth regarding male sexual assault.
- Discuss gender socialization.
- Describe the effects of sexual assault on males.
- Discuss how to assist males who have been victims of sexual assault.