To support victim service agencies and allied professionals during these challenging times, OVC TTAC is temporarily accepting applications submitted 60 days prior to your desired start date.
Prior to applying for assistance, please call 1–866–682–8822 and ask to speak with an OVC TTAC Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) specialist.
Who is eligible to request Speaker Support?
Victim service providers, criminal justice professionals, and allied professionals (e.g., mental health, medical, clergy) who work in community or state agencies, nonprofits, tribal organizations, and other institutions that serve victims of crime may apply for Speaker Support.
What are OVC's criteria for evaluating Speaker Support applications?
OVC reviews and makes funding decisions on Speaker Support applications. Key criteria for evaluating Speaker Support applications include the following:
- The organization applying for assistance is an established public or private nonprofit organization with an existing track record of providing services to victims of crime.
- The Speaker Support will effectively address the needs of victims in the community or geographic region served by the organization.
- The requested assistance is not provided by another federal organization, including via an ongoing or recent grant.
- The requested assistance falls within the mission and funding priorities identified by OVC.
- OVC has not provided training and technical assistance support to the applicant in the past 12 months.
- The organization applying for assistance will contribute resources or funds toward the delivery of the requested assistance.
- OVC TTAC must receive the complete application no less than 90 days prior to the desired start date – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Note: To support victim service agencies and allied professionals during these challenging times, OVC TTAC is temporarily accepting applications submitted 60 days prior to your desired start date.
- Speaker Support requesters must provide all required information and supporting documentation within the allotted deadlines or the application may be denied.
- Speaker/consultant fees are based on an OVC-established rate structure for training, technical assistance, and other approved work assignments through OVC TTAC. These fees may not be used to subsidize additional funding already anticipated or allocated for support of OVC-funded speakers/consultants.
- Speakers and consultants (enrolled or not) under contract with OVC TTAC for a specific event are ineligible to receive Professional Development Scholarship support to attend that event.
- OVC TTAC is federally prohibited from providing technical assistance that may be used to participate in, support, or advocate for the legalization or practice of prostitution.