To support victim service agencies and allied professionals during these challenging times, OVC TTAC is temporarily accepting applications submitted 60 days prior to your desired start date.
Due to COVID-19, and per guidance from the Department of Justice and the Office for Victims of Crime, OVC TTAC is not supporting travel for in-person training and technical assistance events at this time. We will continue to process requests for virtual training and technical assistance.
Prior to applying for assistance, please call 1–866–682–8822 and ask to speak with an OVC TTAC Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) specialist.
What types of technical assistance does OVC TTAC provide?
OVC TTAC uses a network of consultants and experts in the victim services field to design and deliver customized technical assistance on a wide range of topics to address your organization's most pressing needs and build your capacity to better serve crime victims.
- Providing Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Victim Services
- Enhancing Collaboration in Human Trafficking Task Forces
- Victim-Centered Human Trafficking Investigations and Prosecutions
- Best Fiscal Practices in Grant Management
- Working With LGBTQ Survivors
- The Impact of Traumatic Grief on Friends and Family Members
- Foundations of Sexual Assault Advocacy
- Ethics and Confidentiality in Victim Services
- Understanding Disability and Addressing Accessibility
- Building Partnerships and Strategic Planning
- Managing Vicarious Trauma in Corrections-Based Victim Services
- Overcoming Barriers to Collaboration