To support victim service agencies and allied professionals during these challenging times, OVC TTAC is temporarily accepting applications submitted 60 days prior to your desired start date.
Prior to applying for assistance, please call 1–866–682–8822 and ask to speak with an OVC TTAC Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) specialist.
Who is eligible to request technical assistance?
Victim service providers, criminal justice professionals, and allied (e.g., mental health, medical, clergy) professionals who work in community or state agencies, nonprofits, tribal organizations, and other institutions that serve victims of crime may apply for technical assistance support.
What are OVC's criteria for evaluating technical assistance applications?
OVC reviews and makes funding decisions on all technical assistance applications. Key criteria for evaluating applications include the following:
- The organization applying for assistance is an established public or private nonprofit organization with an existing track record of providing services to victims of crime.
- The assistance will expand the capacity of the organization to effectively address the needs of victims in the community or geographic region that it serves.
- The requested assistance is not provided by another federal organization, including via an ongoing or recent grant.
- The requested assistance falls within the mission and funding priorities identified by OVC.
- The organization applying for assistance will contribute resources or funds toward the delivery of the requested assistance.
- OVC TTAC must receive your complete and accurate application no less than 90 days prior to your desired start date – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Note: To support victim service agencies and allied professionals during these challenging times, OVC TTAC is temporarily accepting applications submitted 60 days prior to your desired start date.
- Event dates are subject to change based on the results of the needs assessment.
- Technical assistance requesters must provide all required information and supporting documentation within the allotted deadlines or the application may be denied due to incompleteness.
- For assistance on writing learning objectives, please visit OVC TTAC's How to Develop Learning Objectives (Word 35.9 KB).
- Speaker/consultant fees are based on an OVC-established rate structure for training, technical assistance, and other approved work assignments through OVC TTAC. These fees may not be used to subsidize additional funding already anticipated or allocated for support of OVC-funded speakers/consultants.
- Speakers and consultants (enrolled or not) under contract with OVC TTAC for a specific event are ineligible to receive Professional Development Scholarship support to attend that event.
- OVC TTAC is federally prohibited from providing technical assistance that may be used to participate in, support, or advocate for the legalization or practice of prostitution.