0.7 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is offered for this training.
Victim service providers who work with abused children often emphasize the importance of building resiliency in these young victims. However, they sometimes overlook the need to develop resiliency in themselves. To maintain a healthy perspective, providers must learn how to build their own individual resiliency. And it also is the ethical responsibility of the organization to establish an environment that supports and encourages resiliency in its staff. Organizations can use the same elements of individual resiliency to create strategies that help providers develop and practice this critical strength. The goal of this 1-day training is to identify the five core elements of resiliency and explore how they can be implemented using an organizational model. The training is intended for victim service providers who work in agencies interested in implementing resiliency strategies through policies, supervisory techniques, and training.
- The Five Core Elements of Resiliency
- Identify the five core elements of resiliency.
- Describe at least one component of each element of resiliency.
- The Organizational Resiliency Model
- Describe how the five core elements of resiliency relate to the organizational resiliency model.
- Describe three ways organizations can implement strategies through the organizational resiliency model.
- Building Resiliency in Your Organization
- Create strategies to build capacity in each core element within their own organizations.
- Discuss ways to implement strategies within their own organizations.
- Identify organization roadblocks to implementing strategies in their own organizations.
- Develop an action plan for their own organization.
Let Others Know About This Training
Download Flier [PDF, 141KB] to print and distribute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about building resiliency? Read our frequently asked questions.
Download the Building Resiliency in Child Abuse Organizations curriculum.
This training includes
- Webinar PowerPoint Presentations
- Onsite PowerPoint Presentations
- Instructor Manual
- Participant Manual
- Other Resources
- PowerPoints with Videos
- Participant Feedback Forms.