Resources: 5.4 Landing a Successful Prosecution
Tools for Prosecuting Human Trafficking
- Labor Trafficking: Exploitation for the Sake of the Bottom Line (2014) This training highlights the importance of collaboration with allied professionals to support a victim-centered response and offender-focused approach by exploring best practice strategies.
- From Barriers to Solutions: Investigating and Prosecuting Human Trafficking (2013) This webinar highlights key findings from the report and offers solutions for overcoming barriers to victim identification and safety, and increasing offender accountability through investigation and prosecution.
- Integrating a Trauma-Informed Response in Violence Against Women and Human Trafficking Prosecutions (2015) [PDF 277KB] This article, written by Kristiansson & Whitman-Barr and published by AEquitas, discusses the consideration of a trauma-informed response in investigations and prosecutions and presents useful tips for prosecutors.
Resources for Judges
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Releases Human Trafficking Data Collection Activities for 2021 and 2022 - The Administration for Children and Families
- Maximizing OVC's Survivor Assistance in Court Settings (MOSAICS) - The Justice Programs Office, American University