Ethics in Victim Services
This module introduces participants to the concept of ethics and the Ethical Standards for Victim Assistance Programs and Providers developed by the National Victim Assistance Standards Consortium (NVASC).
2 hours, 15 minutes.
- Ethics and You (30 minutes)
- National Victim Assistance Standards (1 hour, 15 minutes)
- Ethical Organizations (30 minutes). Do this lesson only as time allows.
By the end of the module, participants will be able to:
- Recognize when a person is acting in an ethically questionable way.
- State at least one of the NVASC's ethical standards for victim assistance programs and providers and how it is used in an organization other than one's own.
- State at least one way to make ethics and standards part of an organizational culture.