This module introduces participants to the concept of ethics and the Ethical Standards for Victim Assistance Programs and Providers developed by the National Victim Assistance Standards Consortium (NVASC).
2 hours, 15 minutes.
- Ethics and You (30 minutes)
- National Victim Assistance Standards (1 hour, 15 minutes)
- Ethical Organizations (30 minutes). Do this lesson only as time allows.
By the end of the module, participants will be able to:
- Recognize when a person is acting in an ethically questionable way.
- State at least one of the NVASC's ethical standards for victim assistance programs and providers and how it is used in an organization other than one's own.
- State at least one way to make ethics and standards part of an organizational culture.