Advanced Trainer Institute
1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEU) will be offered for this training.
Great communicators know how to connect with their audience and how to capture and hold attention. They are skilled at convincing audience members of the need to understand the message, believe what they say, and take appropriate action. To present and facilitate, you must know how to communicate well. In this training, you will refine and perfect your communication skills to become an effective trainer.
Audience: This training is designed for victim service professionals who give presentations or provide trainings and would like to take their skills to the next level.
- Week 1: Adult Learning Styles and Presentation Skills
- Identify five common principles of adult learning.
- Describe adult learning styles.
- Describe how to prepare for a presentation.
- Describe how to deliver an effective presentation.
- Examine audience reaction and make adjustments as necessary.
- Create a plan for handling questions and providing appropriate answers.
- Describe techniques for overcoming nervousness.
- Week 2: Understanding Facilitation
- Distinguish between presenting and facilitating.
- Describe the responsibilities of a facilitator during training.
- Distinguish among content, process, and relationship facilitation.
- Describe effective co-facilitation skills.
- Describe how to co-facilitate activities effectively.
- Week 3: Facilitation Skills
- Describe how to lead a successful training session.
- Describe how to use listening, questioning, and validating skills to facilitate learning.
- Describe how to use various techniques to engage participants in discussions and activities.
- Describe how to use techniques to help participants build consensus and resolve conflicts.
- Discuss how to handle challenging situations and behaviors appropriately.
- Discuss how to debrief or summarize a learning event.
- Week 4: Delivering Online Training
- Explain the difference between facilitating online and in-person trainings.
- Describe the basic strategies for facilitating synchronous and asynchronous online training.
- Discuss techniques to include in an online facilitation plan.
- Week 5: Presenting and Facilitating with Cultural Humility
- Define culture and diversity.
- Examine cultural influences.
- Describe the three types of microaggressions.
- Explain the importance of cultural humility.
- Discuss strategies for practicing cultural humility in a training setting.
- Evaluate presentation skills.