OVC has a variety of resources available to organizations interested in becoming vicarious trauma-informed. Organizations can request training and technical assistance (TTA) focused on the impact of vicarious trauma at an organizational level.
- Customized Training and Technical Assistance—OVC delivers tailored TTA to meet your organization's needs on various victimizations and crime and victim assistance topics. For example:
- Managing Vicarious Trauma in Corrections-Based Victim Services
- Understanding Vicarious Trauma and Building Resiliency in Your Agency
- Standardized Training—Select a training from our catalog of topics. OVC will provide instructors, an onsite coordinator, and a manual for each participant. See the list of vicarious trauma-related trainings available below.
- Speaker Support—OVC provides speakers for short general presentations at your event, including plenaries, panels, or victim impact presentations.
- TTA on the Vicarious Trauma Toolkit—Organizations can also request TTA focused specifically on the OVC Vicarious Trauma Toolkit, which is also available for the following allied professionals who regularly engage with people who are impacted by trauma and violence:
- Emergency medical services, including independent agencies and those that are part of a fire service organization.
- Fire services, including both paid and volunteer departments.
- Law enforcement, including police, sheriffs, and tribal, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
Go to the OVC Vicarious Trauma Toolkit page for more information about the OVC Vicarious Trauma Toolkit and related resources.
REQUEST TRAINING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Gather a group of victim service and allied professionals in your area and arrange a meeting space. OVC will provide instructors, an onsite coordinator, and a manual for each participant.
Building Resiliency in Child Abuse Organizations
CEUs: 0.7 CEU Length: 1 Day
Compassion Fatigue/Vicarious Trauma
CEUs: 1.1 CEUs Length: 2 Days
Download materials to make an in-person training more effective and improve the capacity of the presenter.
Building Resiliency in Child Abuse Organizations Curriculum
National Victim Assistance Academy
OVC offers a series of comprehensive and practical trainings to build organizational capacity. Sign up to receive information about upcoming NVAA trainings.
Effective Management Series: Building Resiliency in Organizations
CEUs: .5Length: 3 weeks
The following webinars provide information related to vicarious trauma. Learn about upcoming webinars.
Now What? Moving Forward With Your Vicarious Trauma Action Plan
Date: December 6, 2019Length: 1 hour
Using the VT-ORG Assessment
Date: November 8, 2019Length: 1 hour
Becoming a Vicarious Trauma-Informed Organization: Getting Started
Date: October 18, 2019Length: 1 hour
Organizational-Level Response and Planning for Staff Compassion Fatigue/Vicarious Trauma
Date: August 23, 2017Length: 1 hour