Developing and Sustaining Collaborations
.7 Continuing Education Units (CEU) will be offered for this training.
Collaborations are a primary strategy to help an organization achieve its mission; yet, they are often difficult to implement and sustain. This training will identify methods that you can use to explore, plan, implement, and evaluate strategic collaborations.
Audience: This training is designed for victim service providers who are responsible for developing and sustaining collaborations.
Introductory Week: The Foundations of Collaboration
- Week 1: Forming Collaborations
- Examine factors to consider prior to establishing a collaborative effort.
- Describe the skills and qualifications needed to build an effective team of collaborators.
- Evaluate potential partners.
- Describe the structure of a collaboration.
- Week 2: Collaboration in Action
- Explain how to build trust and maintain a respectful working relationship.
- Identify the guidelines for successful meeting facilitation.
- Discuss the purpose of a needs assessment, goals, and objectives.
- Discuss the importance of an action plan.
- Draft an action plan.
- Week 3: Evaluating the Outcomes
- Identify ways to maintain the momentum of a collaboration.
- Discuss the challenges of collaborating.
- Discuss methods for managing conflict effectively.
- Examine strategies for evaluating collaborative outcomes.