Continuing Education Units (CEU) will be offered for this training.
Strategic planning can help you produce innovative and creative ideas to serve as a core framework to design your program's future. In Strategic Planning for Program Managers, you will learn strategies to establish a clear direction and to make decisions that align with your program's mission, goals, and objectives.
Audience: This training is designed for program managers working in victim service organizations.
Introductory Week: Introduction to Strategic Planning
- Week 1: Preparing to Write Your Strategic Plan
- Describe why preparing for the strategic planning process is important.
- Explain how to prepare for the strategic planning process.
- Recognize if an organization is ready to initiate the strategic planning process.
- Week 2: Assessing the Readiness of Your Organization
- Describe the importance of assessing your organization.
- Explain how to conduct a SWOT analysis.
- Determine sources of data for assessing your organization.
- Week 3: Creating Your Strategic Plan
- Create strategies for setting priorities based on the list of goals and objectives.
- Describe the importance of having clear guiding statements, goals, and objectives for a strategic plan.
- Create clear guiding statements, goals, and objectives for a strategic plan.
- Week 4: Implementing and Communicating Your Strategic Plan
- Explain why an action plan is important.
- Describe how to develop an action plan.
- Explain the importance of communicating and marketing a strategic plan.
- Discuss how to identify client and stakeholder needs.
- Explain how to create a simple communication plan.