Continuing Education Unit (CEU) will be offered for this training.
We know that program evaluation is valuable, yet we are intimidated at the thought of actually conducting an evaluation. It is important to be able to measure effectiveness and other indicators of performance in your program to help with fundraising and to demonstrate the need for services. This Program Evaluation training will give you the practical skills to conduct an evaluation and take some of the fear out of the process!
Audience: The training is designed for those who work in a victim service organization that is, or will be, conducting a program evaluation.
Introductory Week: What is Program Evaluation?
- Week 1: Foundation to Program Evaluation
- Determine the steps for engaging in program evaluation.
- Describe the benefits and barriers to program evaluations and propose solutions and alternatives.
- Describe how to self-assess internal capacity to conduct an evaluation.
- Explain evaluation ethics and collecting data from specific groups.
- Week 2: Preparing for Program Evaluation – Developing a Program Evaluation Plan
- Write SMART objectives using the ABCD&E model.
- Identify the components of a logic model and construct a basic logic model.
- Identify the three primary types of program evaluation.
- Discuss the importance of keeping a program evaluation focused.
- Week 3: Implementing the Plan – Data Collection
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of different data collection approaches and when to use them.
- Identify the types of methods for data collection.
- Determine the best data collection approaches for your program evaluation.
- Discuss the differences between qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-method data collection.
- Week 4: Analyzing Evaluation Data and Using it to Tell Your Program's Story
- Describe the importance of analyzing and making sense of the evaluation data.
- Discuss the importance of writing for your audience when writing evaluation reports.
- Identify the key components of an evaluation report and what is included in each section.
- Determine which techniques to use to present evaluation data to create a compelling story.
- Identify ways to use the evaluation results.