Continuing Education Unit (CEU) will be offered for this training.
Volunteers bring a passion to victim service organizations, and their mindful management can be a key strategy in extending an organization's mission and scope of services. This training will focus on the importance of volunteers; how to recruit, screen, onboard, and retain them; and how to determine the costs associated with managing volunteers.
Audience: The training is designed for current or aspiring volunteer managers.
Introductory Week: The Importance of Volunteerism
- Week 1: Finding the Right Volunteers
- Examine why people volunteer.
- Explain the importance of creating a volunteer position description.
- Discuss tips for recruiting the "right" volunteer.
- Explain how to screen volunteer applicants.
- Week 2: Onboarding and Retaining Volunteers
- Discuss the importance of onboarding and training volunteers.
- Describe ways to integrate volunteers into your organization.
- Identify strategies for how to evaluate and recognize volunteers appropriately.
- Explain the importance of exit interviews.