.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU) will be offered for this training.
What would happen to your organization if you or your key leaders suddenly left? For many organizations, this would have long-term negative consequences. This training presents several strategies to plan for changes in leadership and to develop your organization's succession plans.
Audience: This training is designed for those in leadership positions within victim-serving organizations.
Introductory Week: The Purpose of Succession Planning
- Week 1: Getting Started
- Evaluate your organization's readiness for succession planning.
- Identify the different processes for succession planning.
- Describe the approach for engaging in three of the four planning processes.
- Analyze the advantages and challenges associated with three of the four planning processes.
- Identify the components of a succession planning document.
- Week 2: Preparing for Change
- Assess how an unexpected absence can impact your organization.
- Identify the guidelines for emergency succession planning.
- Identify barriers to developing an effective succession plan.
- Apply strategies to help your organization cope with unexpected personnel changes.
- Generate a draft of a succession plan for your role/organization to use.